Thursday, November 30, 2006

Music Man Fundraiser


I attended our fundraiser for the production of our up coming musical last nite. It was a very nice turn out, and was very successful. We raised almost $5000 so far. It's a great start for the new theatre society we are. There was an AMAZING amount of things donated for the silent auction. I got a brand new 20" Samsung virtual flat screen TV for $96!! That was the only thing i bid on all nite. I wanted it so bad because the TV in our room bombed out on us. What a steal it was for 96 bucks! I dressed up in a costume that made me look about 250 pounds. I looked huge, but it was still fun and entertaining for our guests to see.

My mom's friend Leila was the big auction winner of the night. She got a Canucks jersey signed by the entire team, and two 17th row game tickets. It's going to be the ULTIMATE christmas present for her Canuck-Fan son.

There was a russian gypsie singer that came to perform for us all the way from Vancouver. His name was Raoul. There were many russians in the crowd that happily sang along with him. The CD's he brought to sell were a hit with our local Russian people.

All in all, it was a very nice evening for all that came.

No comments: