Saturday, November 18, 2006

Our wedding day...

We got married on March 25th, 2006. It was a super small, but perfect wedding. I still can't believe I'm Mrs. Burrows. So weird. We had 11 guests at our wedding. I originally wanted to invite everyone we know, but now looking back I'm very happy with the decision we made. The wedding was planned in 4 weeks. My dress was $9.99, my shoes were $9.99, my hair was $30 and my bouquet was $40. I made my veil for about $3. I was a VERY BUDGET BRIDE. However, I felt like I was worth a million bucks that day. The ceremony and dinner were at Golden Heights Restaurant. Such a pretty place.
I had no intentions of crying on my wedding day, but the second I started walking down the isle, the tears started flowing. Why do people cry at weddings? I just can't understand the emotions behind it. Even Steve had a hard time keeping the tears back. My 2 grammas, mom, dad, 2 best friends, and steve's gramma were all bawling. How could I not cry with all those other tearful faces looking at me? The kids were all very good that day. All 3 walked me down the isle with pride written all over thier faces. Mayanne and Makenna were my bridesmaids and JP was Steve's best man and ring bearer. So cute. I decided to have the kids walk me down the isle rather than my dad because dad's are supposed to give their daughters away. I kinda figured I gave myself away a long time ago to Steve (with dad's blessing of course), so having him walk me down the isle seemed to have no traditional meaning left behind it. I wanted the kids to be a huge part of the wedding process, and they were.
Anyway, it was a wonderful day. I'm so glad we took our relationship that extra step. I love what we've got, I cherish every moment we have together as a family. I'm so glad our closest family members and friends were there to share our special day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Burrows it's grampa gargul,great blog ....Going to Revelstoke on the 7th doctors appointment med for my class 1 driver . Then truck doctor & lcb pick up booze for the chalet.. On the 8th Kelowna driver license renewal ..Weekend with Dawn ..Thinking of coming up on the 13th to the 15th , Love all Dad